IMPERIAL, COACHELLA AND PALO VERDE VALLEYS, CALIF., CENTRAL AND WESTERN ARIZONA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Shipments (AZ 8-5-5, CA 2-2-2, crossings MX 1-2-2) — Movement expected about the same. Trading early slow, late moderate. Prices generally unchanged. Nappa WGA crates $19.35-20.50, 30-pound cartons mostly $11.25-14.25. Quality generally good.
Chinese cabbage — F.o.b.s as of Feb. 10
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes