IMPERIAL, COACHELLA AND PALO VERDE VALLEYS, CALIF., CENTRAL AND WESTERN ARIZONA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Shipments (AZ 4-6-7, CA 2-1-2, crossings MX very light) — Movement expected to decrease. Trading early moderate, late fairly active. Prices cartons slightly higher, crates generally unchanged. Nappa WGA crates mostly $18.25-20.45, 30-pound cartons mostly $13.25-15.45. Quality generally good.
Chinese cabbage — F.o.b.s as of Dec. 23
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Sun World names new CEO, details strategy
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Chiquita’s moving costs could top $40 million; new board in place
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes