IMPERIAL, COACHELLA AND PALO VERDE VALLEYS, CALIF., CENTRAL AND WESTERN ARIZONA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Shipments (AZ 7-6-6, CA 2-1-1, crossings MX very light) — Movement expected about the same. Trading early moderate, late fairly active. Prices higher. Nappa WGA crates mostly $20.25-21, 30-pound cartons $14.35-15.45. Quality generally good.
Chinese cabbage — F.o.b.s as of Jan. 6
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Ports negotiations slow down through Thanksgiving