SOUTH AND CENTRAL CALIFORNIA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Crossings (MX 67-78-68, shipments CA 2-2-1) — Movement expected about the same. Trading iceless fairly active, others moderate. Prices medium slightly lower, others generally unchanged. Cartons bunched 48s medium mostly $6.15-7.50, small mostly $6-6.50, large mostly $7.35-8.45; iceless 2 film bags, 24 bunches per bag and 4 film bags, 12 bunches per bag mostly $9.25-10.45; leeks 12s mostly $9.25-11. Quality generally good. Shippers generally transitioning leek shipments from central California to desert shipping points.
Onions, green — F.o.b.s as of Feb. 10
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- South Florida’s International Cold Storage relocating
- The decline and fall of the local food movement (at USDA)?