SOUTH FLORIDA DISTRICT — Shipments (1-1-3) — Movement expected to slightly increase. Trading fairly slow. Prices much lower. Includes palletizing and cooling. Half-bushel cartons small-medium mostly $6.35-7.35. Quality generally good.
Okra — F.o.b.s as of April 14
- Eat Brighter! recruited for asian pear imports
- Industry anticipates Obama’s moves on immigration
- Potandon Produce sponsers philanthropical race
- Despite drought, California clementines plentiful for Christmas
- USDA formula calculates 2015 fee increases
- USDA announces Market Access Program funding for 2015
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Wal-Mart refocuses on perishables but can it pull it off?
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- ProLabel goes digital, expects rapid growth