OREGON/WASHINGTON COAST — Shipments (1-1-1) — Movement expected to decrease below the 980 cartons shipped from Oregon and 2,550 cartons shipped from Washington the week of Sept. 8. Trading fairly slow. Prices generally unchanged. 20-pound cartons field grown U.S. 1 red $22-24. Supplies in few hands. Prices include palletizing and cooling. Consolidation services extra.
Rhubarb— F.o.b.s as of Sept. 9
- Ag labor not part of Obama's immigration plan
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Produce execution plagues Wal-Mart
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Wiggle room needed on sourcing GMO fruits and vegetables
- Thanksgiving Twitter party for Produce Mom