WASHINGTON COAST DISTRICT — Shipments (0*-0*-0*) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Price generally unchanged. 15-pound cartons greenhouse Washington Extra Fancy mostly $38-40. Price includes palletizing and cooling, consolidation charges extra. Some sheds beginning to wind down on greenhouse rhubarb. Field grown is about three weeks away. Quality generally good. (*totals shipments less than 50,000-pounds).
Rhubarb – F.o.b.s as March 10
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million
- Applebee’s changes suppliers in wake of E. coli outbreak
- USDA triples emergency water assistance to California
- Round of promotions at D’Arrigo Bros.