WASHINGTON COAST DISTRICT — Shipments (0*-0*-0*) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Price generally unchanged. 15-pound cartons greenhouse Washington Extra Fancy mostly $38-40. Price includes palletizing and cooling, consolidation charges extra. Some sheds beginning to wind down on greenhouse rhubarb. Field grown is about three weeks away. Quality generally good. (*totals shipments less than 50,000-pounds).
Rhubarb – F.o.b.s as March 10
- SunSelect ready to ship first harvest from California greenhouse
- Marketers flash Eat Brighter! momentum
- Nature Fresh Farms adds marketing member
- California Avocado Commission expands focus to sandwiches
- Bolthouse CEO is Produce Marketer of the Year
- FDA seeks to mesh public and private food safety accountability