WASHINGTON COAST DISTRICT — Shipments (0*-0*-0*) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Price generally unchanged. 15-pound cartons greenhouse Washington extra fancy mostly $38-40. Price includes palletizing and cooling, consolidation charges extra. Some sheds beginning to wind down on greenhouse rhubarb. A few field grown may be harvested in Oregon later this week if the weather holds. A few more is expected later next week, although supplies are expected to be very light until early April. Quality generally good. (*totals shipments less than 50,000-pounds).
Rhubarb — F.o.b.s as of March 17
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- Texas shipper indicted for fraud, money laundering
- Organic industry raising money to fight citrus greening
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Sage Fruit, Spider-Man join forces