WASHINGTON COAST DISTRICT — Shipments (0*-0*-0*) — Movement expected about the same. Trading moderate. Price generally unchanged. 15-pound cartons greenhouse Washington extra fancy mostly $38-40. Price includes palletizing and cooling, consolidation charges extra. Some sheds beginning to wind down on greenhouse rhubarb. A few field grown may be harvested in Oregon later this week if the weather holds. A few more is expected later next week, although supplies are expected to be very light until early April. Quality generally good. (*totals shipments less than 50,000-pounds).
Rhubarb — F.o.b.s as of March 17
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- South Florida’s International Cold Storage relocating
- The decline and fall of the local food movement (at USDA)?
- USDA proposes additional South Africa citrus access