WASHINGTON COAST DISTRICT — Shipments (0*-0*-0*) — Movement expected to decrease slightly. Trading moderate. Price generally unchanged. 15-pound cartons greenhouse Washington extra fancy mostly $38-40. Price includes palletizing and cooling, consolidation charges extra. Most sheds are winding down on greenhouse rhubarb. A few field-grown have been harvested in Oregon although supplies are insufficient to establish a market. A little more was expected the week of March 24; a few field grown were also expected from Washington later the week of March 24 with more the week of March 31. With good weather the volume of field-grown from both areas is expected to pick up by the week of April 7. Quality generally good. (*totals shipments less than 50,000-pounds).
Rhubarb — F.o.b.s as of March 24
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports