WASHINGTON COAST DISTRICT — Shipments (0*-0*-0*) — Movement expected to decrease for greenhouse as most growers are finished for the season. Field-grown expected to increase as weather warms and production picks up. 15-pound cartons greenhouse Washington extra fancy offerings insufficient to establish a market. LAST REPORT for greenhouse-grown rhubarb. Most sheds done with greenhouse rhubarb. A few field-grown have been harvested in Oregon and Washington although supplies are insufficient to establish a market. Volume is expected to increase as the weather warms. Reportable volume of field-grown was expected to be possible the week of April 7, weather permitting. *total shipments less than 50,000 pounds.
Rhubarb — F.o.b.s as of March 31
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Greening establishes 'stronghold' in Texas groves
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Test result on chicken prompts salad recall
- UPDATED: Smarter Lunchrooms tactics boost produce consumption
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality