IMPERIAL, COACHELLA AND PALO VERDE VALLEYS, CALIFORNIA, CENTRAL AND WESTERN ARIZONA AND MEXICO CROSSINGS THROUGH SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND SAN LUIS, ARIZ. — Shipments (AZ 59-62-67, CA 7-8-8, crossings MX 7-3-7) — Movement expected about the same. Trading early slow, late moderate. Prices lower. Cartons bunched flat 24s mostly $8.95-10.95. Quality generally good.
Spinach — F.o.b.s as of Feb. 10
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Asian food safety officials react to Bidart Bros. apple recall
- Iceberg dips; no relief on $30 romaine