Asparagus industry focuses on local markets
02/01/2013 10:53:23 AMAfter more than a decade of acreage declines of about 10% each year, California’s asparagus... Read more.
Labeling California-grown asparagus can help boost consumption
02/01/2013 10:47:10 AMConsumers of California asparagus may be pretty savvy about the long, green spears, but they still... Read more.
Shippers anticipate normal crop size
01/27/2012 11:27:13 AMShippers are expecting a normal deal, getting started in some fields in late February and hitting... Read more.
Bagged asparagus, tips are large part of value-added plans
01/27/2012 11:10:59 AMThe value-added category is challenging, but participants in the California asparagus industry are exploring the... Read more.
Popularity of asparagus during Easter opens door for promos
01/27/2012 11:04:34 AMFor retailers, California asparagus means Easter is nigh. Promotions traditionally are timed specifically for the April... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Cilantro implicated again in cyclospora outbreak
- Mastronardi’s Eco Flavor Bowl Impact Awards finalist
- New plant brings Baker Farms into fresh-cut leafy greens
- Dole expands distribution of Salad Companions, organic blends
- Trial date set in Chiquita clean water suit
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- California program provides retail produce boost
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised