Market window may be shorter for California avocados
03/28/2014 11:10:48 AMThis year’s California avocado crop should be down significantly from last year, but still there... Read more.
Commission starts blogging on The Scoop
03/28/2014 11:01:59 AMA new blog called “The Scoop” and the new 5-Star Performance Program for retailers are... Read more.
Price gap closes for organic avocados
03/28/2014 10:51:05 AMOrganic fruit only accounts for about 7% of California’s avocado crop, according to the Irvine-based... Read more.
Retail merchandisers report strong, growing demand for avocados
03/28/2014 10:43:20 AMWith U.S. annual per capita avocado consumption now at about 5.4 pounds, retailers have found it’s... Read more.
Pre-ripened volumes of avocados continue to be favorites
03/28/2014 10:37:17 AMGrowers have been pre-ripening some of their avocados for decades, but it seems that each year more... Read more.
Several avocado varieties complement the big leader
03/28/2014 10:30:21 AMWhen people talk about California avocados, they’re usually referring to the popular hass variety. While the... Read more.
Avocado commission helps growers face water crisis
03/28/2014 10:22:16 AMWith California is in a state of drought emergency, the Irvine-based California Avocado Commission has... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Bland Farms begins packing Vidalia onions
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court
- Judge says new Vidalia onion start rule invalid
- Organic group tours L.A. produce facilities
- Chefs reveal recipes for Golden Onion contest in Vidalia
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Mango deal begins with light volume
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- Irradiation may be future option for exports