Market window may be shorter for California avocados
03/28/2014 11:10:48 AMThis year’s California avocado crop should be down significantly from last year, but still there... Read more.
Commission starts blogging on The Scoop
03/28/2014 11:01:59 AMA new blog called “The Scoop” and the new 5-Star Performance Program for retailers are... Read more.
Price gap closes for organic avocados
03/28/2014 10:51:05 AMOrganic fruit only accounts for about 7% of California’s avocado crop, according to the Irvine-based... Read more.
Retail merchandisers report strong, growing demand for avocados
03/28/2014 10:43:20 AMWith U.S. annual per capita avocado consumption now at about 5.4 pounds, retailers have found it’s... Read more.
Pre-ripened volumes of avocados continue to be favorites
03/28/2014 10:37:17 AMGrowers have been pre-ripening some of their avocados for decades, but it seems that each year more... Read more.
Several avocado varieties complement the big leader
03/28/2014 10:30:21 AMWhen people talk about California avocados, they’re usually referring to the popular hass variety. While the... Read more.
Avocado commission helps growers face water crisis
03/28/2014 10:22:16 AMWith California is in a state of drought emergency, the Irvine-based California Avocado Commission has... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Cilantro implicated again in cyclospora outbreak
- Mastronardi’s Eco Flavor Bowl Impact Awards finalist
- Dole expands distribution of Salad Companions, organic blends
- New plant brings Baker Farms into fresh-cut leafy greens
- Trial date set in Chiquita clean water suit
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised