• Consumer public relations, where artisan chefs around country will talk about avocado recipes and share ideas for outdoor eating occasions and American holidays;
• Nutrition communications focusing on recipes that will fit into a healthy-eating profile during the summer holidays;
• Social media and online communications featuring a micro site on the commission’s web page that will tie together all the promotional activities;
• Continuing sponsorship of public television’s “America’s Test Kitchen” program which reaches more than 1 million viewers;
• Advertising and possible editorial content in Eating Well, Fine Cooking, Sunset and Saveur magazines;
• In-store broadcasting and grocery cart signs to alert consumers that avocados are available in the produce department;
• Tie-ins on digital epicurean sites such as foodnetwork.com and allrecipes.com; and
• Trade advertising in foodservice and retail publications.
“A key part of our success is our ability to integrate across all media and platforms that reach our target customers,” DeLyser said.