CALIFORNIA FALL FRUIT
Nectarines' challenge to popularity of peaches loses steam
08/24/2009 11:37:35 AMDINUBA, Calif. — Nectarines are becoming something of a paradox in the California stone fruit industry.... Read more.
Fig quality looks high this season despite lower volume, growers say
08/20/2009 1:03:45 AMMERCED, Calif. — Though figs remain a specialty crop in California, with fewer acres in production than... Read more.
Grape growers expect strong fall harvest of large fruit
08/20/2009 12:41:59 AMDELANO, Calif. — Nearly 80% of shoppers purchased table grapes within the past year, according to The... Read more.
Pomegranate crop still going strong despite temperature trouble
08/20/2009 12:29:01 AMTRAVER, Calif. — Retailers may have to shop around to find sources of California pomegranates this... Read more.
Economy brings a shift in Idaho-eastern Oregon onion business
08/17/2009 4:11:06 PMAs more consumers elect to dine at home rather than at restaurants, onion growers and packers in the... Read more.
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- UPDATED: Mexico signs food safety statement with U.S.
- Texas shipper indicted for fraud, money laundering
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- UPDATED: Martori perfects its hot wash system for cantaloupes
- Sage Fruit, Spider-Man join forces