Strong demand, empty market to bolster organic pear producers
07/16/2012 3:51:13 PMConsumer interest in California-grown organic pears continues to grow, and this season is no exception. An... Read more.
California pear business updates
07/13/2012 3:27:28 PMCrown Jewels offers clamshell packs Crown Jewels Produce LLC, which handles sales of conventionally grown pears... Read more.
California pear crop may hit late; volume likely normal
07/15/2011 2:08:39 PMThe California pear crop is behind schedule this season, but it’s expected to result in more... Read more.
Pink ribbons serve as part of California pear promotion plan
07/21/2010 1:07:11 PMBrown, green, red and yellow are the colors commonly associated with pears. In October, California... Read more.
Late start, lower volume on tap for pear harvest
07/21/2010 1:05:18 PMA cool, wet spring was expected to delay the start of the California pear harvest by up to two weeks,... Read more.
Pear promotion encourages consumers to ‘Peel and Play’
07/16/2009 11:15:11 AMMarketers of fresh pears plan to incorporate retail samples and demonstrations, co-marketing with other products... Read more.
- Audit shows problems with Canadian food safety system
- Allen Lund, California shippers back Navidad en el Barrio
- Mandarins, lemons initial loss leaders in California freeze
- Study cites need for cafeteria equipment; USDA awards grants
- North Bay Produce ramps up volume at MidAmerica St. Louis Airport
- USDA sanctions Buckboard Bean, Oh Produce, Atlanta Specialty
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- California citrus growers access damage
- UPDATED: Dulcinea Farms sold to Pacific Trellis
- UPDATED: Packing on hold to assess California citrus damage
- Sysco’s purchase of U.S. Foods stirs anti-trust talk