California’s winter vegetable acreage was 76,000, up 3% from a year ago, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Broccoli acreage was down, but carrots, cauliflower, head lettuce and celery all showed gains. For 2010, fresh-market gross revenue fell 4% from the prior year in California to $5.4 billion, or 48% of U.S. vegetable value, the USDA said.
California deal may plug supply gaps
02/28/2011 03:27:11 PM
- Lettuce supplies could tighten with transition to desert
- California Lettuce & Leaf business updates
- Steady supplies, markets as lettuce deal moves to desert
- California lettuce and leaf business updates
- California lettuce gains popularity as weather beats local deals
- Romaine market rises with temperature
- Key questions for a prospective produce salesman
- Is labor availability hurting U.S. produce output?
- commercial food preparation equipment SALAD VEGETABLE cutting machines Razorfish
- Industrial Food Cutting Processing equipment garlic peeling machine Razorfish
- contracts for the processing industry