KERN COUNTY PRODUCE
Cold weather slows bell pepper growth
04/26/2013 4:34:06 PMBell peppers in Kern County had not bloomed yet as of the third week in April, but growers said they... Read more.
Demand for more colors spurs increase in pepper acres
04/26/2013 4:31:33 PMSpecialty colored peppers, whether full-sized or their pint-sized cousins, have become a sweet item for... Read more.
Water less a worry than development in Kern County
04/26/2013 4:23:14 PMKern County growers are glad they had a mild winter, but some wish their neighbors upstream would... Read more.
Beet leafhoppers could mean trouble in Kern County
04/26/2013 4:17:36 PMThe weather has been relatively kind to Kern County growers so far this year, but vegetable crops... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Cilantro implicated again in cyclospora outbreak
- Mastronardi’s Eco Flavor Bowl Impact Awards finalist
- Dole expands distribution of Salad Companions, organic blends
- New plant brings Baker Farms into fresh-cut leafy greens
- Trial date set in Chiquita clean water suit
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- Potato industry prepares for GMO offering
- Greening not likely to affect Texas citrus volumes, quality
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Huron lettuce growers mull fall water supply
- Guess who’s not hating on GMOs — you’ll be surprised