KERN COUNTY PRODUCE
Cold weather slows bell pepper growth
04/26/2013 4:34:06 PMBell peppers in Kern County had not bloomed yet as of the third week in April, but growers said they... Read more.
Demand for more colors spurs increase in pepper acres
04/26/2013 4:31:33 PMSpecialty colored peppers, whether full-sized or their pint-sized cousins, have become a sweet item for... Read more.
Water less a worry than development in Kern County
04/26/2013 4:23:14 PMKern County growers are glad they had a mild winter, but some wish their neighbors upstream would... Read more.
Beet leafhoppers could mean trouble in Kern County
04/26/2013 4:17:36 PMThe weather has been relatively kind to Kern County growers so far this year, but vegetable crops... Read more.
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million