KERN COUNTY PRODUCE
Cold weather slows bell pepper growth
04/26/2013 4:34:06 PMBell peppers in Kern County had not bloomed yet as of the third week in April, but growers said they... Read more.
Demand for more colors spurs increase in pepper acres
04/26/2013 4:31:33 PMSpecialty colored peppers, whether full-sized or their pint-sized cousins, have become a sweet item for... Read more.
Water less a worry than development in Kern County
04/26/2013 4:23:14 PMKern County growers are glad they had a mild winter, but some wish their neighbors upstream would... Read more.
Beet leafhoppers could mean trouble in Kern County
04/26/2013 4:17:36 PMThe weather has been relatively kind to Kern County growers so far this year, but vegetable crops... Read more.
- New melon varieties boast sweetness, firm flesh
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Asian food safety officials react to Bidart Bros. apple recall
- Iceberg dips; no relief on $30 romaine