Longer cherry season brings opportunities, challenges
05/14/2010 10:55:33 AMCherries are still a much-anticipated treasure for consumers, but shippers and retailers who aim to... Read more.
Q&A with B.J. Thurlby, Northwest Cherry Growers
05/11/2010 4:14:06 PMIf selling more cherries is the question, then B.J. Thurlby, president of the Wenatchee, Wash.-based... Read more.
Northwest cherry crop shouldn't be late for the Fourth of July party
05/10/2010 1:21:21 PMNorthwest U.S. cherries won’t be late to the July 4 party celebration. “That (availability) is the... Read more.
2009 market could open more doors for cherries in 2010
05/10/2010 1:16:13 PMNo pain, no gain. If that is true, marketers said painfully low f.o.b. cherry prices in 2009 created... Read more.
Cherry packaging needs remain stable
05/10/2010 1:10:55 PMThe use of clamshell packs for merchandising Northwest cherries is expanding, but marketers say the... Read more.
Transition should be smooth for California, Northwest cherries
05/10/2010 1:02:56 PMThere will be an overlap between California and Washington growing seasons this year, but it may help... Read more.
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports