Pear Bureau Northwest offers retail training
08/20/2013 10:19:17 AMMILWAUKIE, Ore. — Retail produce workers can receive training about Northwest pears in a new... Read more.
Growers anticipate larger Northwest pear crop
08/20/2013 10:08:57 AMMILWAUKIE, Ore. — After a very successful 2012-13 marketing season, Northwest U.S. pear marketers hope... Watch Video.
Industry mulls labor
09/04/2012 5:05:30 PMThe most important issue Northwest pear growers face isn’t the export market or competition with... Read more.
Organic fruit plays a limited role in Northwest pear deal
09/04/2012 5:02:01 PMThe Pacific Northwest is a hotbed for organic produce, but pears are a relative exception. The region... Read more.
Land use restrictions remain an issue for Oregon growers
09/04/2012 4:58:17 PMOregon pear growers say they’re finding themselves being squeezed out by good intentions. Those intentions take... Read more.
Pear shippers anticipate continuing growth in exports
09/04/2012 4:49:02 PMExports already have been a sizable chunk of U.S. pear shipments and that is likely to increase in... Read more.
Growers seek to educate foodservice sector on uses for pears
09/04/2012 4:45:07 PMThe Northwest pear industry is quick to note its counterpart in apples has struck gold in the foodservice... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up
- Rivermaid Trading joins cherry optical sorting revolution
- Auditor liability changing as courts, companies speak up