Northwest pear growers explore, expand ripening programs
09/04/2012 4:38:58 PMThe pear industry in the Pacific Northwest appears to be taking a cue from neighbors to the south,... Read more.
Retailers get array of pear-merchandising options
08/24/2012 10:54:26 AMWhen this season’s Northwest pear crop hits retail shelves, produce merchandisers will have a bevy... Read more.
Northwest wont set record but growers expect big crop returns
08/24/2012 10:25:53 AMAlthough this year’s Northwest pear crop is not expected to set records, that doesn’t mean... Read more.
Northwest Pears business updates
08/24/2012 9:39:53 AMAssociated Fruit Co. renames variety Phoenix, Ore.-based Associated Fruit Co. is offering other growers a chance... Read more.
Cool season delays winter pear crop, could shrink sizes
09/02/2011 11:11:58 AMYAKIMA, Wash. — A growing season that has been cooler and wetter than normal has significantly... Read more.
Bigger crop means chance for a bounce-back year
09/02/2011 11:06:41 AMA bigger crop of pears in the Northwest may give retail produce merchandisers the opportunity for... Read more.
Pear bureau, shippers collaborate on promotion efforts
09/02/2011 10:34:54 AMWENATCHEE, Wash. — Northwest pear promotions are a combined effort of the Pear Bureau Northwest... Read more.
- CNN to cover watermelon drop live from Indiana
- Audit shows problems with Canadian food safety system
- Allen Lund, California shippers back Navidad en el Barrio
- Mandarins, lemons initial loss leaders in California freeze
- Study cites need for cafeteria equipment; USDA awards grants
- North Bay Produce ramps up volume at MidAmerica St. Louis Airport
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- California citrus growers access damage
- UPDATED: Dulcinea Farms sold to Pacific Trellis
- UPDATED: Packing on hold to assess California citrus damage
- Sysco’s purchase of U.S. Foods stirs anti-trust talk