Washington growers stick to tried-and-true varieties
09/02/2011 10:15:50 AMCASHMERE, Wash. — Pear varieties are old and reliable, while new varieties in the pear category... Read more.
Stemilt adds two pear ripening rooms
09/02/2011 10:11:09 AMWENATCHEE, Wash. — Stemilt Growers LLC is no stranger to conditioned pears, but the Wenatchee-based... Read more.
Side-by-side displays with apples can boost pear sales
09/02/2011 10:03:59 AMYAKIMA, Wash. — Combining pears with apples in displays is one way to boost retail produce department... Read more.
Packaging trends hold steady
09/02/2011 9:56:08 AMWENATCHEE, Wash. — No big changes are anticipated in the way Northwest U.S. shippers store and... Read more.
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies