ONTARIO FIELD PRODUCE
Tunnels provide early opening to Ontario’s season
06/15/2010 3:40:03 PMSome Ontario growers are finding paths to profits through tunnels. Bill Nightingale owner La Salette, Ontario-based... Read more.
Fuel cost adds to concerns for Ontario grower-shippers
06/15/2010 3:35:25 PMIn June 2008, diesel fuel was priced at $1.32 Canadian per liter in Toronto, as oil was headed toward... Read more.
Ontario produce industry deals with highest minimum wage in North America
06/15/2010 3:30:49 PMThe cost of labor is going up in Canada, and Ontario is leading the way. On March 31, Ontario raised... Read more.
Some Ontario produce shippers say the organics movement has stalled
06/15/2010 3:26:21 PMOrganic produce is available out of Ontario, although some growers and shippers in the province question... Read more.
Ontario growers say they’re ahead of PTI schedule
06/15/2010 3:16:52 PMThe Produce Traceability Initiative is due to be implemented by 2012, and Ontario’s fruit and vegetable... Read more.
U.S. market plays a pivotal role for Ontario producers
06/15/2010 3:03:48 PMCurrency exchange, politics and competition from U.S. product present challenges to Ontario’s field produce exports,... Read more.
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- Mango deal begins with light volume
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court