Higher demand in U.S. could squeeze apple export markets
09/18/2012 4:45:05 PMWashington exported a record 35.9 million bushel cartons of apples in 2010-11, and as of Aug. 9 the... Read more.
Large crop, hail damage equals high labor costs
09/18/2012 4:42:33 PMBefore summer hailstorms dinged Washington’s apple crop, some in the industry projected a bumper crop.... Read more.
Sage Fruit to launch Biggest Loser campaign
09/18/2012 4:33:54 PMSage Fruit Co. LLC, Yakima, Wash., is hoping it will be a big winner with “The Biggest Loser.” Giraffe... Read more.
Marketers vie for next-big-thing status
09/14/2012 5:03:10 PMIt has been six years since Wenatchee, Wash.-based Columbia Fruit Packers Inc. acquired exclusive rights... Read more.
Domex overhauls packing facilities in anticipation of big volumes
09/14/2012 4:19:36 PMDomex Superfresh Growers expects a significant surge in volume as new acreage develops during the... Read more.
Growers expect demand, hail to help increase bagged volume
09/14/2012 4:13:06 PMWhen it comes to Washington apples, bulk usually trumps bag-ged. This season, expect to see more fruit... Read more.
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Nogales veteran Alberto Maldonado dies
- The Fresh Market joins Coalition of Immokalee Workers
- Bailey Farms adds spice to sauces in the produce aisle
- Tomato growers launch Handy Candy grape tomatoes