WESTSIDE CALIFORNIA MELONS
Early start should allow for July Fourth promotions
06/11/2013 3:11:57 PMUnusually warm spring weather has accelerated the growth of melon plantings on California’s Westside, prompting... Read more.
Food safety at the forefront for melon industry
06/01/2012 10:47:47 AMAfter last year’s cantaloupe outbreak in the Rocky Ford area of Colorado, the melon industry... Read more.
Food safety concerns hurt melons in acreage competition
06/01/2012 10:31:21 AMMelon supply may be slightly down this season, and shortage of field space is a major reason for that. “Prices... Read more.
California Westside melon growers strive for normal season
06/01/2012 10:22:45 AMCalifornia Westside melon growers say this season should be normal despite challenges. Atomic Torosian, managing partner... Read more.
Westside melon business update
06/01/2012 10:01:39 AMV.H. Azhderian hires food safety consultant V.H. Azhderian & Co., Los Banos, Calif., which offers conventional... Read more.
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies