WESTSIDE CALIFORNIA MELONS
Diesel costs make rail more alluring to California melon growers
06/02/2011 1:22:45 PMWith California diesel fuel prices above $4 a gallon, melon grower-shippers are researching freight options... Read more.
Growers expect enough water for the season
06/04/2010 10:56:18 AMThough early cantaloupes and honeydew melons shipping from California in July may be smaller than... Read more.
Melon research targets pests
06/08/2009 10:10:00 AMDeveloping new varieties of melons has taken a back seat to fighting crop-damaging insects and diseases... Read more.
Growers work to reduce theft, increase food safety
06/08/2009 9:37:12 AMThe 2009 California cantaloupe crop should reach about 20 million cartons, but not all of that fruit... Read more.
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Organically Grown joins fair trade group
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Doing what I say might be easier with food coach
- Indian River shipper not packing this season
- Sun World names new CEO, details strategy