Alsum bets smaller bins will move more spuds
08/09/2013 2:51:24 PMA standard potato bin can hold up to 200 5-pound bags, but Alsum Farms & Produce Inc. is working... Read more.
Wisconsin’s potato growers attack PTI together
08/09/2013 2:50:36 PMWal-Mart and Sam’s Club notified suppliers May 29 that the retail giants expect shipments to... Read more.
Northwest onions look strong despite heat
08/02/2013 1:36:57 PMMany growers in Washington and parts of Oregon expect onion harvest to begin Aug. 1, but at least... Read more.
Bybee Produce speeds up line with new equipment
08/02/2013 12:41:02 PMWhile it’s too early for specific predictions on yields and prices, Jason Walker of Bybee Produce,... Read more.
Demand growing for potatoes in foodservice; specialties catching
07/16/2012 10:34:15 AMA sluggish economy hasn’t dented foodservice demand for Wisconsin potatoes. “The baked potato isn’t going anywhere,”... Read more.
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- USDA clarifies use of ‘organic’ in brand, company names
- The decline and fall of the local food movement (at USDA)?
- USDA proposes additional South Africa citrus access
- Organic equivalency talks underway with Mexico