LAS VEGAS — The United Fresh Produce Association Industry Leadership Program has chosen 12 participants for the yearlong program that teaches leadership skills to future industry leaders.
The leadership class of 1009-10 are:
- Andrew Bivens, Westlake Produce Co., Los Angeles;
- John Cameron, Desert Glory Ltd., Arlington, Texas;
- Allen Davis, Dole Fresh Vegetables Inc., Monterey, Calif.;
- Tracie Levin, M. Levin and Co. Inc., Philadelphia;
- Phil Gruszka, Grimmway Enterprises, Bakersfield, Calif.;
- Jason Hollinger, Earth Source Trading Inc., Ephrata, Pa.;
- Mike Laws, Frontera Fresh Logistics, Naples, Fla.;
- Neil Merritt, Ready Pac Foods Inc., Irwindale, Calif.;
- Greg Mixon, SunnyRidge Farm Inc., Winter Haven, Fla.;
- Andrew Pandol, Pandol Bros. Inc., Delano, Calif.;
- Bryan Roberts, Save-A-Lot, Earth City, Mo.; and
- Nichole Towell, Duda Farm Fresh Foods Inc., Oviedo, Fla.
During the next year, the class members are scheduled to participate educational events and outings centered on four core areas: leadership development, business relationships, government and public affairs and media and public communications, according to a news release.
The class also will take part in field and facility tours, train with educators and meet with industry leaders and innovators, according to the release. The program begins in June, with the first trip to central and northern California, followed by trips to Washington, D.C.; Wilmington, Del.; Culiacan, Mexico; and Las Vegas for the 2010 United Fresh convention.