Tom Nassif, president and CEO of Western Growers, said in a news release that the opportunity for immigration reform should not wasted.
“Agricultural employers have come together as never before in lock-step and agreement about a workable proposal that will serve the needs of farmers, workers and the American people,” Nassif said in the release. “The time for immigration reform is now.”
Tom Stenzel, president of the Washington, D.C.-based United Fresh Produce Association, said in the release that the new coalition brings the nation’s leading agricultural organizations to deliver a unified voice.
“Having a stable and viable workforce has never been more critical for our nation’s fruit and vegetable industry,” he said in the release.
Members of the coalition are:
- American Farm Bureau Federation
- American Nursery & Landscape Association
- Florida Fruit & Vegetable Association
- National Council of Agricultural EmployersNational Council of Farmer Cooperatives
- National Milk Producers Federation
- USA Farmers
- U.S. Apple Association
- United Fresh Produce Association
- Western Growers Association
- Western United Dairymen
- Coalition partners: Agriculture Coalition for Immigration Reform