Vance Publishing Corporation’s Agribusiness Group today revealed the honorees for its second annual 40 Under 40 Award program, which recognizes people making a significant contribution to America’s food system.
Profiles of the honorees will be included in the November and December print issues and websites of Drovers/CattleNetwork, Dairy Herd Management, Bovine Veterinarian, PorkNetwork, The Packer, AgProfessional, Citrus + Vegetable and Produce Ops.
All the honorees’ profiles will be posted on 40Under40ag.com as well. They were chosen by a panel of six judges who have had distinguished careers in the agriculture field.
“These are 40 of the brightest leaders in the agriculture industry, and we hope readers of all our brands are inspired by the work these young people are doing,” said Greg Johnson, Editorial Director of the Agribusiness Group and Editor of The Packer.
This year’s honorees are:
- Chance Armstrong, Resident Large Animal Theriogenology, Deep South Veterinary Services, Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
- Brian Arnold, Vice President of Member Outreach & Youth Development, National Swine Registry, West Lafayette, Ind.
- Sarah Beth Aubrey, Principal and Owner, Prosperity Consulting LLC, Monrovia, Ind.
- Matthew Barnard, Owner/Operator, Barnard Farms, Foosland, Ill.
- Kelly Barratt, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Heartland Veterinary Services, Listowel, Ontario
- Phil Bass, Corporate Meat Scientist, Certified Angus Beef LLC, Wooster, Ohio
- Lopamudra Basu, Visiting Scholar, College of Food Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Columbus, Ohio
- Jillian Beaty, Agricultural Education Instructor, Oregon School District, Milton, Wis.
- Jeffrey Bewley, Associate Extension Professor, University of Kentucky Animal & Food Sciences, Lexington, Ky.
- Kristin Bonham, Regional Business Director, Monsanto, St. Louis, Mo.
- Christy Bratcher, Associate Professor, Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
- Benjamin Butler, Manager and Board of Director Vice President, Butler Oaks Farm Inc., Lorida, Fla.
- Kristina Butts, Executive Director - Legislative Affairs, National Cattlemen's Beef Association, Washington, D.C.
- Melodie Chan, Senior Manager Technical Services Cattle Equine Team, Zoetis, Canmore, Alberta
- Jessica Chittenden-Ziehm, Executive Director, New York Animal Agriculture Coalition, Cambridge, N.Y.
- Michael Copas, Senior Agronomist, RPE Inc., Bancroft, Wis.
- Jeffrey Coulter, Associate Professor and Extension Agronomist, University of Minnesota-Extension, St. Paul, Minn.
- Laura Daniels, Owner, Heartwood Farm, Cobb, Wis.
- Jason Ellis, Associate Professor, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kan.
- Steven Gangwish, Vice President & Partner, CSS Farms, Kearney, Neb.
- Trever Hall, Vice President and Portfolio Manager, Farm Credit Services Southwest, Mesa, Ariz.
- Robert Holthouse, Food Safety Coordinator, Orizant, Willard, Ohio
- Zachary Hunnicutt, Farmer/Owner, Hunnicutt Farms and DWH Inc., Giltner, Neb.
- Samuel Hutton, Assistant Professor, University of Florida, Wimauma, Fla.
- Craig Kohn, Agricultural Sciences Instructor, Waterford Union High School, Waterford, Wis.
- Alexa Lamm, Assistant Professor and Associate Director for the Center for Public Issues Education in Agriculture and Natural Resources, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
- Nicholas Mascari, New Business Development and Assistant Director of Procurement, Indianapolis Fruit Company, Indianapolis
- David Masser, President, Sterman Masser Inc., Sacramento, Pa.
- West Mathison, President/CEO, Stemilt Growers LLC, Wenatchee, Wash.
- Nicole Nelson, Executive Director, Project Coordinator, Wisconsin FFA Foundation, Madison, Wis.
- David Newman, Assistant Professor, North Dakota State University, Fargo, N.D.
- Courtney Parker, Senior Vice President, Food Safety and Salad Quality, Chiquita Brands International Inc., Salinas, Calif.
- Erin Pirro, Farm Business Consultant, Farm Credit East ACA, Enfield, Conn.
- Johannes Daniel Rossouw, North America Corn Breeding Lead, Monsanto Co., St. Louis, Mo.
- Lori Taylor, The Produce Mom/Marketing Manager, Indianapolis Fruit, Indianapolis
- Julie Tesch, Executive Director, American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture, Alexandria, Va.
- Nichole Towell, Director of Marketing, Duda Farm Fresh Foods, Oxnard, Calif.
- Keith Underwood, Assistant Professor, South Dakota State University, Brookings, S.D.
- Matt Wolters, Founder, Owner, Director of Marketing, Sales Manager, SureFire Ag Systems Inc., Atwood, Kan.
- Anne Yargus, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Yargus Manufacturing, Marshall, Ill.