Fred Wilkinson, Managing EditorThere’s been a lot of talk in the past few years about “food deserts” — neighborhoods (often urban and invariably low income) where healthful foods are difficult to purchase.
Food deserts shrink, but love handles stay
03/16/2012 08:31:00 AM
- Consumer acceptance of biotech produce growing
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Local and organic meant little to these consumers
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Colombia to boost ag acreage in response to U.S. free trade deal