On Jan. 25, first lady Michelle Obama and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack introduced the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s new school nutrition standards. The regulations, effective July 1, increase requirements for fruits and vegetables served in school lunches from one-half to three-fourths of a cup (combined) per day to the new requirement of three-fourths to one cup of vegetables plus one-half to one cup of fruit per day.
- Sesame Street promo brought to you by the letters P, M, and A
- Salad Savoy introducing Lollipops kale sprouts
- Ontario produce marketer closes after 85 years
- U.S. Apple Association received four awards
- Six to join Texas Produce Hall of Fame
- Florida blueberries running late, small supplies driving demand