On Jan. 25, first lady Michelle Obama and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack introduced the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s new school nutrition standards. The regulations, effective July 1, increase requirements for fruits and vegetables served in school lunches from one-half to three-fourths of a cup (combined) per day to the new requirement of three-fourths to one cup of vegetables plus one-half to one cup of fruit per day.
02/03/2012 08:38:00 AM
The Packer staff
- UPDATED: Wawona stone fruit recall spurred by Australian tests
- UPDATED: Mexico signs food safety statement with U.S.
- Texas shipper indicted for fraud, money laundering
- Scotlynn launches tray pack line for corn
- UPDATED: Martori perfects its hot wash system for cantaloupes
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case