I've been to the Northwest a few times for reporting on apples, pears and cherries, and it is always a pleasure to visit the offices of some of the state's leading tree fruit marketers. This year's... Read more.
My wife Sally is a first grade teacher, a wonderful, passionate, animated and unbelievably hard working professional. I say that by way of introduction to a short story she told me about her school... Read more.
It turns out that I am not the only person who thinks the 10,000-member strong Fresh Produce Industry Discussion Group is kind of a big deal. For evidence of this, check out a new e-book offer from... Read more.
Coverage of the drought is picking up, and so is the speculation about the impact on consumer prices for fruits and vegetables. In a piece called “Attention Shoppers: Fruit and Vegetable Prices... Read more.
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Study: Cloths transfer salmonella during tomato harvesting
- Organic industry raising money to fight citrus greening
- USDA seeks comment on non-browning GM apple