My wife Sally is a first grade teacher, a wonderful, passionate, animated and unbelievably hard working professional. I say that by way of introduction to a short story she told me about her school... Read more.
It turns out that I am not the only person who thinks the 10,000-member strong Fresh Produce Industry Discussion Group is kind of a big deal. For evidence of this, check out a new e-book offer from... Read more.
Coverage of the drought is picking up, and so is the speculation about the impact on consumer prices for fruits and vegetables. In a piece called “Attention Shoppers: Fruit and Vegetable Prices... Read more.
A few musings on Monday morning, on the day before tax day. Will Americans spend their tax refunds on more produce purchases? One can hope, I suppose, but a realist would not put too much stock in... Read more.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pom Wonderful, FTC argue label language in appeals court
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- Ontario produce marketer closes after 85 years
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up