One telling statistic about the rise of honeycrisp apples in Washington state is the fact that the honeycrisp now accounts for about 5% of volume now, up from virtually zero in 2001. On the other... Read more.
Broccoli is already one of the most popular vegetables in the US, making an appearance within the top ten of the fresh trends surveys each year. Although the likelihood of its purchase dropped by 6%... Read more.
Back in Kansas City this week, and rolling through highlights from around the Web this morning. There is coverage in the Food Poisoning Bulletin that interviews a CDC official who discusses the twists... Read more.
Still in Chicago as I look forward to the U.S. Apple Association’s annual outlook and marketing conference this afternoon. Most people I’ve visited with don’t think that the new leader of... Read more.
- Yuma frosts slow vegetable harvests
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Citrus growers endure another cold night, prepare for more
- Tomato production increases after light fall volume
- UPDATED: Cuties, California citrus expect cold to continue