Brace yourself: Americans consumed less vegetables in 2013. A lot less, in fact. The dip was reported in a recent USDA ERS report, which reported that U.S. per capita use of fresh vegetables dipped... Read more.
Enjoying listening to Amazon Prime Music tonight (“I would trade all my tomorrows for that single yesterday..”) as I sift through e-mails that rolled in while I was rolled up last week. Ferd... Read more.
Coming out of a drug-induced haze over the past few days (not to worry, it was general anesthesia at the hospital), I find plenty of interesting news in the produce world upon my return. In particular,... Read more.
When I recall the intersection of "natural" food products and my consumer existence, the first things I think of are wheat germ and granola. My mom used to purchase both items in the 1970s when I was... Read more.
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million