- Fyffes Shareholders will receive approximately 49.3% of the combined entity, on a fully diluted basis, and this is equivalent to a 38% premium based on Chiquita and Fyffes closing share prices on 7 March 2014 and a Euro/U.S. dollar exchange rate of 1.39;
- On the basis of current banana volumes the combined entity will be the largest banana company globally with annual sales of over 160 million cases;
- The combined entity will benefit from greater geographical diversification in its banana business;
- Fyffes Shareholders will have the opportunity to benefit from operational synergies of at least $40 million by the end of 2016; and
- ChiquitaFyffes will have annualized revenues of approximately $4.6 billions.
- The Fyffes Board believes that Fyffes has consistently delivered outstanding results and that the proposed combination with Chiquita has the potential to provide increased value, growth and diversification opportunities for ChiquitaFyffes shareholders.
Find other SEC documents here