I tend to think that the invisible hand of the market is determining what fresh produce can be sold. There is no assurance that delivering more ugly fruits and vegetables to the retail fresh produce department would result in any less waste. In fact, the waste could be even greater, compounded by the cost of transport incurred.
Coming soon: the uglification of the fresh produce department?
06/16/2011 07:08:00 AM
- And then there were 3: Chiquita buys Fyffes
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- UPDATED: Southern Exposure draws record crowd
- Avocado industry questions Chipotle’s fear of shortage
- Hearing set in Vidalia onion start date debate
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing