I tend to think that the invisible hand of the market is determining what fresh produce can be sold. There is no assurance that delivering more ugly fruits and vegetables to the retail fresh produce department would result in any less waste. In fact, the waste could be even greater, compounded by the cost of transport incurred.
Coming soon: the uglification of the fresh produce department?
06/16/2011 07:08:00 AM
- PMA offers web seminar on Sesame Street promotion
- Ireland tests smartphone-enabled produce display
- Touting health benefits bring sales gains
- Canadian retail powerhouses address trends
- Hand work remains growers’ choice as research seeks better option
- Supervalu show distributes retail merchandising tips