I tend to think that the invisible hand of the market is determining what fresh produce can be sold. There is no assurance that delivering more ugly fruits and vegetables to the retail fresh produce department would result in any less waste. In fact, the waste could be even greater, compounded by the cost of transport incurred.
Coming soon: the uglification of the fresh produce department?
06/16/2011 07:08:00 AM
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court
- Test checkers' produce I.D.