We summarize the domestic annualized costs of the three options for the proposed rule in the table immediately below. We are unable to estimate the benefits of the proposed rule. Instead we show the Breakeven Illness Percentage for each of the three options for the proposed rule. This is calculated by dividing the number of illnesses that would have to be prevented annually under each option by the total estimated number of illnesses attributable to FDAregulated food products under the scope of each option of the proposed rule. This ignores the costs to foreign firms and benefits to foreign consumers.
Executive summary: preventive controls rule
01/10/2013 03:21:00 PM
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports