One of the interesting aspects of the report is an examination of the implications of rise of berry production for the Mexican countryside, giving needed job opportunities and providing relatively small-scale growers a chance to earn a living. What’s more, the expansion of berry exports has eased the pressure to migrate to the U.S. for economic opportunity.
For Mexico and Latin America, berries have been berry, berry good
04/02/2013 10:37:00 AM
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court
- Test checkers' produce I.D.