There will be rationalization in the post-harvest sector over the next 2 years. However a serious, well funded and coordinated response to the incursion is being mounted. In the long run plant breeding is likely to be the key to living with the disease. Already more tolerant cultivars are being identified and it is likely that replanting/grafting over to one or two of these cultivars will start in 2012.
New Zealand gold kiwi rocked by bacterial disease
12/17/2011 02:07:00 AM
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports