There will be rationalization in the post-harvest sector over the next 2 years. However a serious, well funded and coordinated response to the incursion is being mounted. In the long run plant breeding is likely to be the key to living with the disease. Already more tolerant cultivars are being identified and it is likely that replanting/grafting over to one or two of these cultivars will start in 2012.
New Zealand gold kiwi rocked by bacterial disease
12/17/2011 02:07:00 AM
- Low pesticide residue found in most produce sampled
- GAO report calls for better food safety coordination
- Florida strawberry growers donate to childrens charity
- Region gains influence as year-round supplier
- Florida, eastern ports of entry facilitate shipments to U.S.
- UPDATED: Obama establishes relations with Cuba