The list is out.
A press release today said that Messe Berlin and FRUCHTHANDEL MAGAZINE released the ten nominations for the FRUIT LOGISTICA Innovation Award 2012. The release explained that the award will be presented at the Feb. 8-10 trade show in Berlin. Trade show attendees can vote for the innovation award during the first couple of days of the event, with the award presented Feb. 10.
The nominees... (drum roll please)
• Bejo Zaden, Netherlands: Purple sprouting broccoli
• Bud Holland, Netherlands: Achacha tropical fruit – originally from South America, now grown in Australia
• Campo Rico, Spain: Roasted sweet potato
• Healthy Foods, USA: Yonanas healthy frozen treat maker – makes ice cream from frozen fruit
• McCarter, Czech Republic: Pineapple juice with fruit pieces
• Pattruss Inc., Japan: Pattruss Z (Zed) – resealable salad bag
• Rijk Zwaan, Netherlands: lovemysalad.com – consumer information via "Social Salad Network"
• SIA Amberbloom, Latvia: Dried and candied Cido
• Syngenta, Netherlands: Angello sweet & seedless pepper
• Tokita Seed Co. Ltd., Japan. Sungreen – sun-ripened, yet green cherry tomato
To reset, last year's winner of the Fruit Logistica Innovation of the Year Award was Limeburst Fingerlimes, and the other nominees were:
Almond Mushroom; Angelle; BIOX-M; Jamie Oliver "Grow Your Own"-Produkte; Resealable freshness Salad Bag; Rockit™; StoreNSure Pear ; Sweet
Resistants and : Sweet Sensation
TK: For this year, I love the "social salad network" concept (a lot of recipe sharing going on) but the wow factor of the seedless sweet red pepper will be tough to beat. And who doesn't want to try the achacha?
Bookmark the Fresh Talk home page.
Follow me on twitter @tckarst
E-mail me at email@example.com