On that topic, Lee Mannering, in the Field to Fork blog, noted one recent study called “Sullivan Higdon & Sink’s “QSRs and America’s Changing Tastes.” Lee does a good job of covering the highlights. One stat that I found dispiriting was that only 61% of consumers think it is possible to eat healthy at a quick service restaurant. That is unacceptable. Fast food chains should advertise fresh produce options in a way that consumers crave them; they assuredly have the money to do it.
Smelling strawberries and summer time
06/23/2014 04:40:00 PM
- USDA releases final 2008-2012 crop numbers
- Food safety regulations will change industry, Brackett says
- USDA clarifies use of ‘organic’ in brand, company names
- The decline and fall of the local food movement (at USDA)?
- USDA proposes additional South Africa citrus access
- Organic equivalency talks underway with Mexico