On that topic, Lee Mannering, in the Field to Fork blog, noted one recent study called “Sullivan Higdon & Sink’s “QSRs and America’s Changing Tastes.” Lee does a good job of covering the highlights. One stat that I found dispiriting was that only 61% of consumers think it is possible to eat healthy at a quick service restaurant. That is unacceptable. Fast food chains should advertise fresh produce options in a way that consumers crave them; they assuredly have the money to do it.
Smelling strawberries and summer time
06/23/2014 04:40:00 PM
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports