10:23 a.m. Danner: I would love people — especially in the foodservice arena — understand what a true and real markup should be. We still have people out there thinking markups from the 1970s. It is crazy. Everybody’s costs have gone up and anybody who thinks that you can make a delivery for $30 or $40 a drop, they’re insane. You can’t do it anymore. Become realistic and understand when you drive 200 or 300 miles, it is more expensive than a customer just down the street. It is a tough thing to swallow, a tough thing to grasp, but it is reality.
Chat with Karst: Scott Danner on PTI, PACA and more
01/06/2011 05:15:28 PM
- Criminal case against Mucci companies, execs moves forward
- Oppenheimer Group brings Envy apple to U.S.
- Calavo posts record quarterly profit; launches FreshRealm
- Industry needs to engage House GOP on immigration
- Rene Produce named Mexico’s exporter of the year
- Main Street America is wrong on Chinese apple imports