10:23 a.m. Danner: I would love people — especially in the foodservice arena — understand what a true and real markup should be. We still have people out there thinking markups from the 1970s. It is crazy. Everybody’s costs have gone up and anybody who thinks that you can make a delivery for $30 or $40 a drop, they’re insane. You can’t do it anymore. Become realistic and understand when you drive 200 or 300 miles, it is more expensive than a customer just down the street. It is a tough thing to swallow, a tough thing to grasp, but it is reality.
Chat with Karst: Scott Danner on PTI, PACA and more
01/06/2011 05:15:28 PM
- Key questions for a prospective produce salesman
- Is labor availability hurting U.S. produce output?
- commercial food preparation equipment SALAD VEGETABLE cutting machines Razorfish
- Industrial Food Cutting Processing equipment garlic peeling machine Razorfish
- contracts for the processing industry