As I travel around Washington state this week, I am hearing the apple crop in the state could range as high as 110 million cartons or more, but of course the USDA's August estimate will be closely watched and plenty can change between now and harvest. As I focus on apples this week, here are other headlines that caught my eye early this week.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pom Wonderful, FTC argue label language in appeals court
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- Ontario produce marketer closes after 85 years
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up