As I travel around Washington state this week, I am hearing the apple crop in the state could range as high as 110 million cartons or more, but of course the USDA's August estimate will be closely watched and plenty can change between now and harvest. As I focus on apples this week, here are other headlines that caught my eye early this week.
- Fourth prison term ordered in Adams Produce fraud
- Sysco the distributor, not the source, in Subway outbreak
- Mango deal begins with light volume
- CORRECTED: Export security program could trip exporters
- UPDATED: Watson stepping down from National Mango Board
- Vidalia onion grower, state official both claim victory in court