AMS is working with the Arizona Department of Agriculture and importers in the Nogales area to identify options that will reduce delays. According to United States Customs data, in calendar year 2009, the United States imported from Mexico $281 million worth of grapes and $605 million worth of tomatoes through the Nogales, Arizona, customs district. Through the first 8 months of 2010, the United States imported from Mexico $459 million of grapes and $688 million worth of tomatoes through the Nogales, Arizona, customs district.
- C.H. Robinson sliced apples use regional sourcing
- Pom Wonderful, FTC argue label language in appeals court
- California expects minimal losses despite drought
- Ontario produce marketer closes after 85 years
- UPDATED: Fruit, vegetable prices on the rise with drought
- Salinas Valley back in the black; prices, demand up