Mike Hornick is The Packer’s Salinas, Calif.-based beat writer. Besides reporting on grower-shippers along the state’s central coast, where he lives, he covers breaking news from around the nation in print and online. He reports on conventions and writes special sections for The Packer on various topics.
Before joining Vance Publishing on September 2010, Hornick covered agriculture and other beats for The Salinas Californian.
Hornick, a graduate of the University of Texas School of Journalism, has more than 20 years of newspaper experience. His 1½-year stint at The Californian was his second at the paper. From 2000-05, he worked in the sports department as a writer, editor and page designer.
From 2006-09, Hornick worked as a corporate recruiter based in Nashville, Tenn.
He can be reached via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; by phone at his direct line, 831-975-4935; or by cell at 831-210-3898.
SALINAS, CA STAFF WRITER
phone: 831-975-4935 or 831-210-3898
- UPDATED: Bolthouse CEO is Produce Marketer of the Year
- Judge denies dismissal in PrimusLabs cantaloupe cases
- Sixth Adams Produce official pleads guilty
- Pure Bioscience promises pathogen reduction on leafy greens
- TrueTrac, Ocean Mist conduct traceability pilot
- Ag groups seek methyl bromide for emergencies