Andy Nelson, The Packer’s markets editor, directs coverage for the weekly Crops & Markets section.
He joined the newspaper in 2001 as a staff writer and also has served as handling and distributing editor.
A member of The Packer’s editorial board, he writes editorials and editorial columns for the paper’s Opinion page.
Before joining The Packer, Andy worked as a staff writer for The Kansas City Star and as a reporter for The York News-Times (York, Neb).
He holds a bachelor’s degree in liberal arts from St. John’s College, Annapolis, Md., and a master’s degree in English from the University of Nebraska, Lincoln.
Andy can be reached by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 913-438-0786.
- Let’s ride ‘No GMO’ all the way to tropical paradise
- USDA proposes access for Chinese apples
- Sysco pays $19.4 million to settle refrigeration case
- USDA restricts New Farm, Parker Products for PACA violations
- Wind storms to affect banana supplies
- UPDATED: California crop losses could surpass $800 million