News editor Chris Koger has been with The Packer since joining the paper as a staff writer in 2000. Since then, he has also been markets editor and sections editor; he became news editor in October 2006.
He assigns stories and photos for the weekly paper, including coverage for the Handling & Distributing section. On a daily basis, Chris works with web editor Ryan Kane and other editors in the news room to ensure The Packer’s website is updated properly.
He writes a monthly Page A3 column, and, as a member of the newspaper’s editorial board, he writes editorials.
Before joining The Packer’s staff, Chris worked at daily newspapers across Kansas, covering everything from the cops and courts beats to government, health and school news in Dodge City, Hutchinson, Salina and Lawrence.
He graduated from Kansas State University in 1990 with a bachelor of arts degree in journalism and mass communications.
He can be reached by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 913-438-0783.
- Paramount Citrus replaces Cuties brand with Wonderful Halos
- Sun Pacific buys Cuties brand, breaks ties with Paramount Citrus
- Nogales veteran Alberto Maldonado dies
- UPDATED: FDA to establish new food safety program
- UPDATED: Florida citrus leader Richard Kinney remembered
- Asian food safety officials react to Bidart Bros. apple recall